Tuesday 10 December 2013

Week 10


My favourite Christmas films:


- Miracle On 34th Street (1994)
A little girl discovers dreams do come true if you really believe. Six-year-old Susan has doubts about childhood's most enduring miracle - Santa Claus. Her mother told her the "secret" about Santa a long time ago, so Susan doesn't expect to receive the most important gifts on her Christmas list. But after meeting a special department store Santa who's convinced he's the real thing, Susan is given the most precious gift of all - something to believe in.
I personally don't love this film but my whole family do so we watch it all the time, it always makes me think of Christmas and gets me really excited. 

- Edward Scissorhands (1990)
An uncommonly gentle young man, who happens to have scissors for hands, falls in love with a beautiful adolescent girl. I love this film at any time in the year as it is one of my favourite  However when I watch it in the winter it always gets me in the spirit for Christmas. 
- Home Alone (1990)
An 8-year-old boy who is accidentally left behind while his family flies to France for Christmas must defend his home against idiotic burglars. This is a classic Christmas film and I have watched it every year on Christmas eve since I can remember and even now it does not get old or boring. 

- Elf (2003)
After inadvertently wreaking havoc on the elf community due to his ungainly size, a man raised as an elf at the North Pole is sent to the U.S. in search of his true identity. Elf is a relatively new Christmas film, it is one of the funniest Christmas films I have ever watched!

- The Polar Express (2004)
On Christmas Eve, a doubting boy boards a magical train that's headed to the North Pole and Santa Claus' home. This film is the most magical Christmas film from my childhood, I remember thinking that I would get whisked away onto The Polar Express; I never did. 

- How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
Big budget remake of the classic cartoon about a creature intent on stealing Christmas.This film is incredible and definitely one of my favourite, its funny, hear-warming and weird. 

- Jack Frost (1998)
A father, who can't keep his promises, dies in a car accident. One year later, he returns as a snowman, who has the final chance to put things right with his son before he is gone forever. I never watched this film as I have only even saw part of the other Jack Frost the evil snowman one, but I finally watched it two years ago and I loved it!


- My favourite Christmas film is The Polar Express as I would watch it each Christmas eve with my brother and it is really nostalgic for me. I cannot wait to watch it this year, best film for the winter! I also love Edward Scissorhands as it is one of my favourite films, it always gets me in the Christmas spirit!


The trailer for the Polar Express!









No comments:

Post a Comment